It’s that time again, Flexitarian Friday! This week we bring you a tasty, quick and easy recipe that combines tuna, avocado, beans and pineapple. Enjoy!
Tuna & Avocado Fruity Poke Bowl
10 mins prep, 15 mins cooking, serves 2
What You Need
- 400 g Sticky Jasmine Rice
- 120 g Canned Tuna
- 100 g Canned Pineapple Chunks
- 50 g Edamame Beans
- 80 g Red Peppers
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 50 g Avocado Slices
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Seeds Toasted
For the sriracha mayo:
- 150 g Mayo
- 50 g Sriracha
What To Do
- Cook the jasmine rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice the red peppers and roast in an oven at 180c, on a non-stick baking tray for 15 minutes (cooking until the pepper is roasted and charred).
- Fry the pineapple and cumin seeds in the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan until the pineapple has started to caramelise.
- Mix the sriracha and mayonnaise.
- Build the dish up by placing the rice in the centre of the bowl and all the other components around the side (the tuna, pineapple, red pepper, edamame beans and avocado slices).
- Drizzle the sriracha mayo and finish by sprinkling sesame seeds over the top of the bowl.
Thank you to our friends at Love Canned Food for the recipe.